My Child is Missing
What To Do If Your Child Goes Missing
- Immediately call your local law enforcement agency.
- Missing from home: search closets, in and under beds, inside large appliances, vehicles and trunks, anywhere the child may crawl or hide.
- Missing from public location: Notify manager / security officers. Then call local law enforcement. Request “Code Adam” if applicable.
- Provide law enforcement: child’s name, date of birth, height, weight, unique identifiers, and clothing they were wearing.
- Request law enforcement authorities immediately enter your child’s name and identifying information into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center Missing Person File.